Friday, February 8, 2013

pupdate :)

It has been one crazy week.
Biggest news of all, I got Cooper! He is a precious little bundle of non-stop energy! I love every inch of him, but I think he loves my nose more. I bought him all sorts of toys and bones and he still loves fingers, toes and noses the best. I definitely made a committment when I got him and if it was a mistake then it was the best mistake I've ever made.

I have a lot of other decisions to make in the near future. I need to be finding an apartment, stat. I have to move by the beginning of March and I keep forgetting that February is a short month. As soon as I get my next paycheck I am putting a deposit down on an apartment and starting to pack. I hate moving and packing but I am excited to move somewhere that has hot water and proper heat and reliable maintenance. Cooper can also run around without me panicking that he is going to ruin someone else's things. It will be nice to have my own space.

Work is going really well. I'm adapting to full time hours and responsibilities and it actually feels good to be responsible and have something to wake up for everyday. I am also liking my coworkers and my work environment, which is nice.

Recovery is going well, overall. Everyday is a battle but each day that I choose to show up and fight is a day I win. I never thought I could do this but I'm doing it, which feels amazing. And I am doing it for myself and no one else, which is also different.

Anyway, just a short update. Now to liter with cute puppy pictures!


9 comments:

  1. I hope you have someone to watch your dog when you go back into treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, because I am not going back again. I'm healthy and well, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what you've said the last million times.

      Delete
  3. You might want to spell "have" right in order for me to give a fuck about what you have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My point exactly. You don't even know me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best you could come up with is a question? Obviously you don't know me so stop harrassing me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  7. I would question where you get your information from then.

    ReplyDelete