I can't believe the time is actually here.
I pick my mom up from the airport tomorrow, we pack up Saturday and leave early Sunday morning. I still don't know how I feel. I'm excited, sad, scared, nervous, unsure...a little bit of everything all wrapped up in one. I know this is going to be such a huge change but I am really hoping that it will be the change that I need. I'm sad to leave all my soul sisters behind, but I know with time I will make friends in Florida and branch out.
I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get all the last minute things done, and I still have more to do. Work called and told me I didn't need to come back for the rest of the week, which sucks but was also a relief because I now have more time to get things done.Today turned out to be a great day, and a wonderful ending to this chapter here in Tulsa. I got to get in one last session with my OP therapist, which was really nice. I've been seeing her since 2009 on and off, mostly on, and so she has seen me through some major ups and downs. We both had our moment and cried a little. She is one of my favorite therapists and I will definitely miss seeing her.
After seeing her, I went over to Laureate to say goodbye to my inpatient therapist. I was nervous because of the weeks prior and all the chaos that had transpired but I am so glad that I went. I filled her in on my plans for Florida, updated her on how I've gotten myself back on track and am doing really well, and gave her a giraffe to add to her collection (whom I decided to name Emerson.) I'm pretty sure I saw a twinkle of pride in her eyes :) She is, by far, the best therapist I've ever had and I am really going to miss getting to see her around. As I was leaving she went to the couch and got "big hootie" the stuffed owl that I adopted in 2010 and toted around each time I went back inpatient. She handed him to me and told me he was mine. Who knew one could get so excited over a stuffed owl? It was quite possibly the best parting gift ever. Hootie has been with me through the long haul and he is going with me as I start a new chapter of my life. Love it.
I also ran into the program director and got to give her a hug, and saw both my dietitians and hugged their necks. I so needed that closure because I was worried that I was leaving on bad terms, or that I was running away without having said goodbye or cleared things up. It was much needed and I am glad I went back to say goodbye. They told me to come back and see them if I come back to town to visit. At least I know I haven't lost all support like I thought I had.
So anyway, I feel more prepared to make this journey now. Scary, but I think I can do it.
Now it's off to cinnabon with the girls and no-bake cookie making :)
<3>3>
No comments:
Post a Comment