i'm back from the living dead.
i've honestly not had much energy or motivation to write or do much of anything the past couple of weeks, so i thought while i had the time and a little dose of energy i'd update on how life is looking these days.
work is going well. it is still busy as ever, and i'm working more of a full time schedule than a part time schedule like i had signed up for, but i need the hours so i can't really complain. i'm just not left with a lot of time to do much of anything else with my day which leaves me feeling stressed and scrambling around for minutes in the day to get other things done. i've decided that the job itself is not one that suits a perfectionist like me well, because it is inevitable that i will make mistakes throughout the day and forget to do something or post something or have something signed. it's also not a job well suited to people pleasers, as customers are often times grumpy and obstinent, especially when it comes to asking for ID's to give them cash back! who would have guessed they'd get pissy because we are trying to protect them? anyway, i get yelled at at least once a day by rude and ungrateful customers and generally just have to stand there and take it while holding back tears. hey, i guess i'm learning how to grow thicker skin, right?
still working on nursing applications. i feel like these applications are the applications from hell, for some reason. i can't remember if i posted or not about my graduate school screwing me and leaving me with F's in two of the classes i medically withdrew from back in 2009, but i finally got around to sending an e-mail to the dean of the graduate school stating that i didn't think it was at all fair that i received F's since my withdraw had nothing whatsoever to do with my academic goodstanding and that i also didn't think it was fair that i was not allowed to return and finish my degree. i also stated in the e-mail that i was fully prepared to move up the academic chain of command if needed, though i hoped it wouldn't need to come to that. she got back to me a week later saying she had forwarded my e-mail to my old grad faculty to see what my options were. basically, she just forwarded my e-mail into a big black hole, since they have been completely unresponsive to me since they kicked me out in 2009. i'm beyond frustrated because i worked so hard to maintain that almost 3.9 gpa, and let me tell you, a 3.9 in grad school is tough stuff! this is delaying me from getting applications complete and sent in and i'm so irritated. so yea, i'm still having to deal with professors and people and crap from the past, unfortunately. hopefully this part of the process will be over and done with soon.
recovery wise, i'm hanging in there. this past week has been a bit better. before this past week, i was just struggling with depression to the point where everything felt mechanical and forced and harder than it should be. i had little motivation and a very high level of frustration. not to mention a very low appetite. i've done better this week with my meal plan, so hopefully i will see some improvement with my weight, too. it's hard to combat the anxiety level that happens to be through the roof right now. my internal engine is racing and i can't get it to slow down long enough to hold on to anything i'm giving it. but the anxiety has been somewhat better this week and i've been able to be more social and less isolating this week as well, so i think that will help the overall picture. i was able to have lunch with my old therapist and get back in with my current therapist to talk about some of the craziness that has been going on and get it out of my head. i made some plans to get things done and stop procrastinating. i figured out how i want to go about moving forward with my life and i think i can do it. i'm trying to get unstuck, as hard as that may be and hoping, with all hope that lay within me, that i have the capacity to do so.
I am sorry to hear that you're not completely happy with the way that your job is going right now. I find it really hard to be yelled at by ANYONE whether I know them or not. It doesn't seem like you're truly enjoying the job... have you considered looking for a new one that you think will make you feel more content?
ReplyDeleteI am really sorry to hear that they are not replying to your emails. Two Fs really aren't a huge deal in my eyes when you have a 3.9 GPA along with a mental illness. I personally think that those 2 Fs shouldn't determine whether or not they have the respect to reply to you two years later, ya know?
I am glad to hear that things are a bit better, but I am sorry to hear that your depression isn't getting better. I've been struggling with depression very badly lately as well. I am here for you if you ever want to talk, Leah Beth! <3
love you, girl. keep on keepin on.
ReplyDeleteelise
I was a bank teller and my first day working my own drawer, I asked a man for ID bc he was cashing a large check and he LOUDLY chewed me out bc he was a regular customer. I even had the main teller observing bc it was my training week. I explained to him that it was to protect him, i didn't know him yet bc I was new and it didn't matter. He was pissed! He made a big scene and when he left I had to go to the bathroom to collect myself. Not a great first day. I totally get what you mean. Working drive through was the best bc we would shut off the mic and cuss at them...mature, I know!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are having a better week! Keep your eye on the prize...life and freedom!
oh my goodness, that sounds just like my typical work day! and we do the same exact thing with our drive through mics. i mean, i'm sure they aren't dumb customers and can tell that our mouths continue to move even though we shut off the mic and our facial expressions get markedly more animated and frustrated, but sometimes you just have to let off some steam, right? so glad to know i'm not the only one who finds it a little offensive!
ReplyDeleteelise and jess, thank you for your encouragement...it means a lot to me! and jess, you are right. it boils down to an issue of respect. they have no respect for me and it feels an awful lot like i was just shunned for having dealt with an eating disorder. don't worry, i don't plan on letting up until i get some answers.
thanks again ladies for the encouragement!
<3
Gahhh...I can't imagine how frustrating this stuff must be. I applied to Villanova's Collage of Nursing right from HS, and I was stressed as hell, but to have to transfer everything that you have ALREADY done in college AND grad school and hit so many road blocks...I can't imagine. I am praying that you will be through the application and "red tape" part of the process soon so that you will be able to join into the wonderful world of nursing :)
ReplyDeleteYou are honestly such an inspiration to me. For you to slide in weight COMPLETELY unintentionally and be ABLE and WILLING to adapt to MP/life changes...you have a lot to be proud of :)