sorry for the delay in updating...
i've been super busy the past week.
okay, so here is the latest.
last friday i met with my new therapist, Becky. I don't really have the words to describe her other than eccentric, quirky, and bordering on loud. yes, those words do seem kind of abrasive but really, she will probably be a good fit for me. She immediately asked if she could talk to my dietitian, and told me i should get involved with some groups in the community, etc. in other words, she seems very proactive and game for communication with other team members, which is what i need. she is out of town this week, but i will go back to see her next week.
i saw my dietitian again yesterday, and really got honest with her about some recent struggles i've been having. we talked about ways to better support me in maintaining my recovery and decided that I would come back to the group she co-leads on Tuesday nights, and also start seeing a PCP regularly for medical monitoring. That should also help me figure out why my body has been acting and responding so whacky lately.
I agreed to go to the group, and started that last night. I've done one cycle before and then didn't come back for the next cycle, so going back was a little awkward but there were some new faces, as well as some old, which made it more comfortable. It was weird being back there for group and having to admit to others that I've had a few slips recently. I felt this overwhelming sense of sadness. Not guilt or shame perse, but sadness. A sadness that I couldn't shake.
All in all, the group was helpful and I can see it continuing to be helpful for my recovery.
This past weekend I had a friend in town. So much fun!
We went to disney on saturday and spent time at the Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot, then came home and crashed. Sunday we participated in the Orlando National Eating Disorders Awareness Week walk at Lake Eola, to celebrate recovery :) I had a blast. It was a little hard to see those still obviously struggling, but I felt like i handled it pretty well.
Monday was spent shopping at all of my favorite stores...anthropologie, H&M, forever 21, old navy, etc. I probably spent way too much money but hey, you only live once, right?
I said goodbye to Leah on tuesday and totally crashed. I was so tired after going and going all weeked. Needless to say, i slept like a rock last night :)
That is about it as far as updating goes.
Remember that this week is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week...it's time to talk about it.
It's amazing to think back to where I was this time last year...hopeless, desperate, discouraged, and very sick. I was living in Tulsa but too embarrassed of my condition to go to Laureate's NEDA celebrations. Yet here I am this year, walking in the walk, talking about it, and SO much better off than I have been in quite some time.
The more we talk about it and walk about it and raise funds to help aid those who need help, the greater the chance of reducing the rate of eating disorders. Wouldn't that be amazing?
So, talk about it...walk about it.
<3 LB
you're beautiful leah beth and I am SO proud of you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you Leah Beth! Keep up the good work :) You did so well to admit that you are still struggling with some things, but remember that recovery doesn't come without its little slips, remember if it was easy it wouldn't be worth fighting for! You've done SO well, Stay strong :):) xxx
ReplyDeleteGirl, you gotta change your little profile photo here. You look SOOOOOO much brighter in the photo above, for example!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete