Thursday, November 18, 2010

let the festivities begin!

today is thanksgiving here at the office and i am SO excited to eat my first cajun fried turkey of the season! YES, it's fried and yes, i am going to indulge...love it. I was in charge of decorating the tables, doing the centerpieces, and making a pretty awesome silverware display. maybe i do have a future in catering...or not. needless to say, the christmas music is playing, smells are everywhere, and it is officially festive!

tonight i start my first hostess shift at my mom's restaurant. a little nervous about working in a restaurant and all that goes along with that, but definitely grateful for a little extra income. the traveling i have been doing lately is getting pretty costly, so i need some help in the finances arena. speaking of traveling...trip tulsa2010 is right around the corner...i can almost begin my official countdown! i am so excited that i will be getting to see deb, krista, mollie, sarah, and then of course ALL of my favorite sweet friends. this trip is definitely keeping me going day to day. yesterday was much better than monday or tuesday, thank goodness. i didn't have any major explosions of tears, and was able to keep a relatively positive attitude about things. i think getting to go to the gym and push through some of my frustrations helped, as well. oh, and i got some new sneaks last night so that topped off the evening :) i love them...just a simple updated version of the mizunos i already had but they feel so sturdy and NEW on my feet...probably would have worn them to work if i could have, haha. instead, i'm wearing my black boots, which also make me very happy. the winter months are by far my favorite, with the cold weather, smell of fires burning, bundling up in cozy sweaters, and spending time with those i love most...i just seem to thrive in the winter months :) so, basically i'm excited that fall is here!

i'm sure i will update later, but i just wanted to say happy early thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. <3 you and I am glad that your mood was up today. I think going to the gym can be a good relief of stress but I just want to remind you to keep that in check....I know I hate when people say things like that to me, but even if you are doing it to be "healthy" it can quickly become an obsession and dictate your mood- aka if you work out you feel good and if you do not than you don't feel so hot you know? Anyway, I am still figuring out what it means to exercise with a healthy mindset. I def think it is tough, but I just wanted to keep it in the open- I always find extra reminders can't hurt. Good luck at work! I had no idea your mom owned a restaurant. What kind of restaurant is it? Sounds exciting and perhaps nervewrecking too (I've never worked in a restaurant) but I would think being a hostess would be less difficult than a server when it comes to food hopefully!

    ReplyDelete