Friday, November 19, 2010

quotes

i thought i would include in this entry some of my favorite quotes...
i have so many, so this will only be a fraction of the ones that i find value in.

"When you are about to take a leap, is it a coincidence that one must take a step or two back to take a further leap?"


"I think the hardest part of kicking a habit is wanting to kick it. I mean, we get addicted for a reason, right? Often, too often, things that start out as just a normal part of your life at some point cross the line to obsessive, compulsive, out of control. It’s the high we’re chasing, the high that makes everything else fade away...The thing about addiction is, it never ends well. Because eventually, whatever it it was getting us high, stops feeling good, and starts to hurt. Still, they say you don’t kick the habit until you hit rock bottom, but how do you know when you’re there? Because no matter how badly a thing is hurting us, sometimes letting it go hurts even worse." -Grey's Anatomy
“Skinny is as ugly as it sounds and happy is more beautiful than any bone I'll ever find…no matter how much it smiles.” - Jess Melillo
“It is not a sudden leap from sick to well. It is a slow, strange meander from sick to mostly well. The misconception that eating disorders are a medical disease in the traditional sense is not helpful here. There is no 'cure'. A pill will not fix it, though it may help. Ditto therapy, ditto food, ditto endless support from family and friends. You fix it yourself. It is the hardest thing that I have ever done, and I found myself stronger for doing it. Much stronger.” - Marya Hornbacher
"It's time I let you go so I can be free and live my life how it should be...no matter how hard it is, I'll be fine without you…yes, I will."

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."-Anonymous
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Nelson Mandela

“So let go, let go…cause there’s beauty in the breakdown” -frou frou

“Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same…” All at Once, The Fray
“...each breath breathed means we're alive. and life means that we can find the reasons to keep on getting by… and if reasons we can't find, we'll make up some to get by… 'til breath by breath we'll leave this behind...” Superchick
“All of these tears, time will dry them…I will survive them, and make it through into another day all of this pain. Time will heal it, there’ll be a time sometime I know I won't feel it…I will learn to love again, I will learn to trust…Once this heart can start to mend, I will learn to learn to love again” - I will learn to love again, Kaci

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

"it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be enough. there is no other way." - marya hornbacher
"to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.." - e.e. cummings
"So fail. Be bad at things. Be embarrassed. Be afraid. Be vulnerable. Go out on a limb or two or twelve. You will fall, and it will hurt. But the farther you fall, the higher you will rise. The higher you rise, the clearer your future becomes. Failure is a gift, welcome it. There are people who spend their whole lives wondering how they became the people they became, how certain chances pass them by, why they didn’t take the roads less traveled. Those people aren’t you. You have front row seats to your own transformation and in transforming yourself, you might transform the world. It will be electric, and I promise it will be terrifying. Embrace that; embrace the new person you’re becoming. This is your moment. I promise you, it is now, not two minutes from now, not tomorrow, but really now. Own that, know that deep in your bones, go to sleep every night knowing that, wake up every morning remembering that, and keep going."

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow…’"
"By very slow degrees, and with frequent relapses, that alarmed and grieved my friend, I recovered…" Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
“I wept because from now on I will weep less. I wept because I have lost my pain and I am not yet accustomed to its absence…” Anaïs Nin
"What's worse? New wounds that are so horribly painful or old wounds that should have healed years ago but never did? Maybe our old wounds teach us something. They remind us where we've been and what we've overcome. They teach us lessons about what to avoid in the future. That’s what we'd like to think. But that's not the way it is, is it? Some lessons we just have to learn over and over and over again.” - Greys

"sometimes the simple act of continuing to go on when things feel impossibly stuck is the best thing one can do.."

“We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” - e. e. cumminga

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."


i am sure there will be more to come. this is just a start <3
LB

2 comments:

  1. I love them!
    Especially the ones from Grey's and Marya. :)

    I'm reading! :)
    xo
    janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and the one from Jess M. of course.

    ReplyDelete