Well, the day is coming to a close, and what a day it has been. This is the first time in forever that the WHOLE family has been together on Christmas. And we had a new edition to the family this year...my sister-in-law, Charlotte. It was so nice to relax and enjoy the time with my family. Of course, we had wonderful food (my mom is a chef and caterer) prepared by mom, and toasted to the holidays and family time. After lunch we spent time playing Santa and passing around the presents...always exciting. I knew what I was getting this year, or most of it at least. I got a Cricut for scrapbooking, which I have already played with, a Brighton necklace that says "remember me when you wear this" which my mom has the matching bracelet, an infinity scarf that i've been wanting forever, some awesome tall gloves that scrunch down (super cute!), a gift card to the Gap, some random stocking stuffers, and an 8lb toning ball. Yes. All in all, it was a pretty nice Christmas. I think more than anything, I was just grateful to be home for the holidays and spending it with my entire family. After the afternoon of hustling and bustling, we started the cleaning spree and packing up to head to Louisiana tomorrow morning. I still have so much to get done, but I figure if I end up needing to stay up late I can always sleep in the car tomorrow. Sleep makes a 10 hr road trip go by much faster.
I did really well with not focusing on the food in the moment, letting myself enjoy things, and trying not to obsess about my body during the day. Now, the feelings are coming up...feeling anxious, and guilty, and obsessing over what all I had to eat today. I wish the carefree feeling I had for a short while this afternoon would last. I know it will eventually...i'd just like to hurry the process up, haha. Me? Impatient? Never.
I'm also getting a little anxious about going to visit the grandparents. These are deep south, born and bred, homestyle cooking at every meal kind of people. I love them to death, but the food they prepare scares me! Always has, and probably always will. And they tend to want you to eat it all...i'm already working on my boundaries ;) It will be nice to see them, though. You never know when the last time will be for you to see someone...i'm learning to cherish the moments I have with people more than I used to.
Well, I probably won't be able to write as much this week but i'm going to try and keep up with everything. After all, this tends to be a good outlet for me!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone...love y'all <3
Love, LB
No comments:
Post a Comment