three years ago today, I was ringing in the new year at the renfrew center in FL...
two years ago today, I was ringing in the new year at remuda ranch VA...
last year, I was ringng in the new year at laureate, my discharge day, only to go home to my first night in a very lonely new apartment and relapse back into old behaviors...
this year, I am spending time in a car with one of my best friends in the entire world going to atlanta for a wedding. we will be celebrating with Christine as she starts a new life with the love of her life.
new year. new life.
this year,
i can move and go as a please.
i can toast in a new year.
i can stay up till midnight to watch the ball drop.
i can laugh and dance in my pajamas.
most importantly, this year
i am free.
cheers to a new year,
and a NEW life.
one that is worth living.
happy new year!
:)
ReplyDeleteYou have so much to be proud of Leah! Happy new year girl <3
ReplyDelete