Tuesday, December 7, 2010

visit!

I am officially in Tulsa...
I got in Sunday night around 8, cried when I saw the city lights, and then got to hug the neck of one of my best friends, Ashley! It was wonderful. Monday was quite busy for me. I had lunch with my former therapist, Sarah, which was so incredibly encouraging. I could be totally open and honest and lay it all out there, plus get some feedback on some deicisons I am thinking about making in the near future. We talked, laughed, got serious, and then parted ways. It was so refreshing to spend the lunch hour with her. Afterwards, I met a friend for coffee. We got to catch up on life, and relax with a nice hot cup of pumpkin chai. I had been debating on going to the open Mag House group for dinner, and decided to go. As an alum I am able to go to open groups so long as I am doing well. It felt like I had never left being upstairs and fixing my dinner, chatting with some of the strongest women I know, and then getting to share a little about my experience with recovery. The more I talked, the more I realized just how much I have to be proud of. I have done a lot of hard work since leaving and I am still standing...strong, I might add. After dinner and group, I met up with Ashley and my friend Heather at the coffee house on cherry street. It was so nice just to feel comfortable and loved, and connected. I have really missed those social connections since moving home to Florida.
This morning, I went to see Deb, the group home director. She is one incredible woman and has so greatly impacted my life...not to mention sticking with me when she had every reason in the world to give up. It was wonderful to be able to talk with her and tell her all about recovery and how I am doing, and really feel genuine! She told me she could see so much more of a sparkle in my eyes...that I looked alive. And I do...I feel alive now. She saw me at my worst, so I was excited to go back and let her see me at my best. We talked for a while and I just felt so much more encouraged, proud of myself, and left really feeling like recovery is worth it, even on the days that nothing special happens...etc! I love being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment