time to play a little catch up...
i spent the weekend in atlanta with one of my best friends from my stay at Remuda...we were attending another remuda sister's wedding on 1.1.11 (what a cute anniversary date!) It was SO wonderful to be reunited with my friends, even if for such a short time. Becca flew into Orlando, I picked her up and we made the 7 hour trek to atlanta. Got in around 11:30P on NYE, just in time to put our pj's on and ring in the new year by watching the ball drop.
Saturday, we got up, did the breakfast thing, then laid around watching TLC shows and playing bananagrams until time to get ready for the wedding. I was pretty nervous, as I knew it was going to be a Catholic wedding, and I had never been to Catholic wedding, let alone even been to a Catholic mass. My nerves subsided once we got into the church and I got to watch my amazingly strong friend walk down the aisle.
She made one beautiful bride!
How cool it was that I got to see her on some of her worst days, and then see her again on one of her best days. What a night and day difference.
So, the wedding was beautiful! The reception was a little, well, awkward. Not the reception itself, rather the awkwardness came from us knowing the bride through Remuda but not really sure we wanted to say we knew her from Remuda because we didn't know how many people there even knew she had been in treatment...Becca and I devised our story to tell people when they asked how we knew the bride.
We met through mutual friends in Virginia...
Okay, not ALL a lie, haha.
And did we ever get asked that question?! I am pretty sure that 10 different people asked us. I started to wonder if they knew who we were (the girls from treatment) as we were lying to their faces. oops.
We finally got to catch Christine, who told us that everyone knew she had gone to treatment, and probably knew who we were...haha, no wonder they were all looking so suspiciously at us! No worries, i made sure to eat all of my dinner so as not to stick out like a sore thumb ;)
All in all, the wedding went great...beautiful bride, beautiful ceremony, and fun dance party afterwards.
Becca and I drove back yesterday and got in last night...went to PF Changs for dinner (my favorite!) and got some delicious gluten free items and then went across to Yogurtland for some amazing self-serve froyo! I am totally addicted to froyo...nom nom.
This morning, I had to visit the dentist bright and early at 8am for an emergency appt. I had been having problems for a couple weeks with my back left tooth/gum so I decided to go get it checked out. He looked at my teeth, took an xray, then told me i had hyperplastic gum tissue and extra bone growth in my mouth and that he needed to surgically remove some of the gum tissue. Then he asked me if I wanted to go ahead and do it this morning, because it only took 20-30 minutes. Sure. Beats coming back for a second visit.
Then came the novacaine.
OUCH.
It took two vials of it before I was numb enough to proceed, and as he was injecting the last of the novacaine my heart started to race until it was beating so fast I thought I was going to literally have a heart attack. I asked to stop, while sweating and gasping for breath, and THEN he decided to tell me that it was the epinephrine in the novacaine that was making me feel like my heart was going to come straight out of my chest and that it would pass in about 60 seconds. Wow. He basically induced a panic attack, lol.
Finally, he did the electrosurgery to remove some of the gum tissue.
Now? Now I am just sore as all get out. Soft foods for the next three days. Bummer. Guess it will be lots of oatmeal, popsicles, jell-o and all that fun stuff. I hope that I can stick with my mealplan and not use this as an excuse to go back to some behaviors. I'm trying to stay on top of things!
Anyway, that's the latest update...
I am home for a while now..no more vacations for a little bit. Thank goodness.
Time to rest!
Love y'all,
LB <3
No comments:
Post a Comment