Sunday, January 30, 2011

orlando

It's official.
I'm staying in Orlando and going to give creating a new life for myself here a whirl.
It's going to be hard, really hard in fact, but I also know that I am stubborn and capable and can do anything I put my mind to.
Several things played into my ultimate decision...
I'm going to be an aunt as of august, so I need to stick around town to see the pregnancy process and be there when the little one is born.
Also, it is the more fiscally responsible decision in the long run.
Another reason i'd like to stay is because if I am really honest with myself, I think I need to distance and separation from the epicenter of my eating disorder community. Even though I had the mentality of using it as a means of motivation and I was going to do so well, I know I'd just be putting myself at higher risk of falling into the habits of others. This is not to say that something along those lines couldn't happen here. It could. A relapse can happen anywhere, as we all know...but at least here, I have to make all new friends, friends without eating disorders, some may very well have them, but I can have a better balance.
I'm planning on finding some avenues to get involved in my community, such as hoping to become a younglife leader, school, finding a good church with a singles ministry, choir, and hopefully finding a new job, too.
It's time to start fresh, sort of.
Oh, and I am considering looking into buying a cute little house to move into. The market is good for buying right now, especially something little or acutioned, and I'd like to know that I'm not just throwing my money away in rent. If I don't do that then I am considering trading in my car for something new, which would also be wonderful.
Anyway, just wanted to send out the official update.
I'm sad about letting go of something i wanted so much, but also hopeful that I can make a life for myself here.
We shall see!

thats all
<3 LB

No comments:

Post a Comment