After receiving some very ignorant and blatantly hateful comments on formspring today I decided to address this issue via the blog.
First and foremost...if you have a problem with me or something i write, please let me know in a calm and decent manner. If something bothers you, don't read my blog. It's pretty simple.
Second, this blog is intended to chronicle my journey to recovery. In doing so, i might occasionally need to look back in order to see the progress i am continually making. Regardless, this is not a "i'm sick, have an eating disorder, and now i'm going to detail every minute of my day, food, weight etc." kind of blog. I have no problem with people using blog space to vent, chronicle, or write about that if that is their outlet...I won't be doing that. I'm trying something new and talking about the "after." the recovery. the work that comes with getting my life back. This is not a oh, poor me attempt at attention or anything else. This is real. my thoughts, my daily struggles, and my continual recovery journey. If you have a problem with that, don't read.
To sum up this little side note, if you have a problem with something i've said, feel free to address me...i'm pretty open about things. If you just don't like me or anything related to me, then don't read. I do this for me, not to people please...i've done my fair share of that throughout my lifetime.
That is all :)
Amen sista. That's how I feel about my blog too. I've had some complaints along the way, and I just had to put it out there that this blog is for me, and if it bothers you, there is a simple solution: Don't read it. I think what you're doing with this blog is wonderfully candid and honest. I really appreciate it and you.
ReplyDeletegood head on your shoulders.
ReplyDeleteHonestly LB there is absolutely nothing wrong with your blog and I have to say it is my favorite to read. The blog world like anything gets wrapped up and twisted so that it can become more ED but yours is NOT like that. Regardless this blog IS FOR YOU. Write for yourself and no one else! No one has to read your blog and I can't even imagine what someone would say about your blog that is not positive. Clearly the person is simply looking for any way to be a bully. I also remade my FS private. It is the way to go! I am the same way- if you have a problem with me - TELL ME but don't do it anonymously- I hope you realize that I would tell you upfront even though I made the mistake of not doing it in a very nice or kind manner in the past :/
ReplyDelete