Wednesday, January 19, 2011

paving a new road!

I was taking a walk with my dad tonight to pick up something at the neighborhood drugstore and spent a lot of time staring at the pavement (i have issues with looking at my feet when i walk!). it got me thinking...
about pavers.
and my life.
people who pave roads and sidewalks for a living spend the majority of their time tearing things up, in order to change things, add a road, a sidewalk, create a path for others to use.
it made me realize that i, too, can be a paver of sorts.
I can tear things up and change the way things currently look in order to pave the way for those who are walking this journey with me and those who will come behind me. I can spend the majority of my days doing what I can to make my own road smoother, and help others find a new path for their lives, too.
I can be a paver.
A life paver.

Next time you take note of the pavement beneath you, i hope you think about what you can to do to pave a new way for yourself and others.



aside from my latest revelation, my day went well.
I had my acupuncture consultation today, and start treatments on friday. I am looking forward to trying something new, and going at this from a wholistic approach. I was describing my symptoms, and telling him about my fibromyalgia that was diagnosed when I was 15, and he shared something with me that I hadn't heard before. He said the symptoms that I was describing were also symptoms related to food allergies. It's possible that I may be allergic to more than just gluten. He is going to run a full food allergy panel to determine if anything else could be contributing to my symptoms. Interesting.
Other than that, I spent most of the day at work, then the parents and I went to dinner before dad and I went walking. I love my nightly walks with dad. He is trying to keep his blood sugar down and get his heart into better condition, and i love being able to walk with him, even if we don't say anything at all. I'm going to miss a lot of these things when I move back to Tulsa. But i'm hoping it will be worth it.
I'm house sitting tonight for some family friends.
I love their house, and their amazingly comfortable couches.
Not to mention their HDTV!

well, thats about it.
Much love.

<3 LB

2 comments:

  1. You are quite the metaphor queen. I am impressed but seriously another great metaphor and so true. I hope you had a good time house sitting. Your walks with your dad sound nice and peaceful and it is nice to be able to do something with someone else that is healthy and you can do it for your reason and he can do it for his if that makes sense. I don't know if this is similar but something I finally understood and was able to understand without being triggered was one of my good friends is on weight watchers because she really needs to lose weight for health reasons. In the past it would have triggered me but I was able to go out with her and enjoy myself and get what I NEEDED to get and eat regardless of what her needs were. Instead of thinking that I too should eat less because she is I was able to see that is what she needed to do to keep herself healthy and I needed a hamburger to keep myself healthy :) The way you mentioned your walk with your dad just reminded me of that a bit because a walk with him does not mean that you need to be exercising just that it may be a good enjoyable activity for both you and him but also one that helps his health. Sorry if I just made no sense ;) Guess I just wanted to share a story that yours reminded me of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jess, I LOVE the paver metaphor, I'm a bit of a metaphor freak haha. It does make a lot of sense though. You reach a point where you can stop and look back and see all of the bumps and twists and turns behind you. And looking forward, you see the same uneven, gravelly road, but you are armed with the "tools" from treatment that allow you to tear up all of the obstacles in your way, things that may have stopped you from progressing in the past. But now you have the metaphorical sledge hammers, jack hammers, and wrecking balls to destroy what may have destroyed you and tackle it head on, and re-write your future :)

    ReplyDelete